Join us for a comprehensive seminar on Medicare. You will learn about eligibility, Part A and Part B coverage, EPIC, and preventive benefits that can enhance and preserve your health. Space is limited please call AOP at 722-1251 to register.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 at 10:00am
- Monday, April 8, 2019 at 10:00am
- Monday, May 6, 2019 at 10:00am
- Monday, June 3, 2019 at 10:00am
Medicare Advantage Plans (MAPs) & Medigap
Join us for a seminar on the use of Medicare Advantage Plans (MAP) versus Medigap (Medicare Supplement) Policies. You will learn the differences between original Medicare and MAPs, as well as the different types of MAPs (HMO, PPO, and PFFS plans). You will also learn how Medigap insurance options cover some or all of the remaining costs after Medicare pays for a medical or hospital service. What option is best for you?
- Monday, March 4, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Monday, April 8, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Monday, May 6, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Monday, June 3, 2019 at 2:00pm
Long-Term Care Insurance
A comprehensive seminar on the various ways to plan for and pay for long-term care. You will learn eligibility guidelines, affordability and risk factors, as well as the various options to offset the costs, including long-term care insurance, NY State Partnership Plans, and the role of Medicare and Medicaid.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday May 7, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday June 4, 2019 at 10:00am
Medicaid and Nursing Home Care
Join AOP for an overview on using Medicaid to pay for a nursing home stay- whether for you, a spouse, parent, or other loved one. Topics include an introduction to financial guidelines, the five year lookback, spousal impoverishment laws, etc. We can also answer questions about long-term care insurance policies and the use of Medicaid.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Tuesday May 7, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Tuesday June 4, 2019 at 2:00pm
Managed Long-Term Care (ICAN)
Are daily tasks such as bathing, toileting, food preparation and dressing getting difficult for you or a loved one? Are you eligible for Medicare and Medicaid? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, this presentation is an excellent source of information for you. Join AOP and receive information about Managed Long-Term Care Plans, the services they provide, how to enroll, and the eligibility criteria. We understand that these plans are new and confusing for many, so bring your questions or simply come to learn more.
- Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 1:00pm
- Wednesday April 17, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 2:00pm
- Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 2:00pm
Advance Planning for End of Life
Join us for a comprehensive seminar on advanced directives. You will learn how to select and assign a health care proxy, complete a living will, and broach the subject of end of life decisions with your family. All participants will receive the necessary documents for free.
- Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 1:00pm
- Tuesday, May 21 at 10:00am
- Thursday June 20, 2019 at 10:00am
Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP)
Join us for a seminar on the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program. You will learn about NYS Certified Ombudsman and how they are able to advocate and assist residents in long-term care facilities and additional information about Long-Term Care.
- Friday, March 29, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday April 16, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday May 14, 2019 at 10:00am
- Tuesday June 11, 2019 at 10:00am
The following information pertains to all of the seminars and other events listed below, unless noted otherwise:
Location: Action for Older Persons, Inc., 200 Plaza Drive, Suite B, Vestal, NY 13850
Contact: Call 607- 722-1251 to register