Click the link directly below to access the updated Elder Services Guide
Action for Older Persons and the Broome County Office for Aging have collaborated to bring you this edition of the Elder Services Guide. Our agencies strive to assist older adults with information and assistance or by direct service through our programs. Both of our agencies work closely together, however, the two agencies provide different services and programs.
Below is a breakdown of the services and programs each organization provides.
Action for Older Persons (AOP)
200 Plaza Drive, Suite B
Vestal, NY 13850
Action for Older Persons (AOP) is a private non-profit agency. AOP provides advocacy, individualized counseling, and unbiased information to empower older adults and their families to make informed decisions.
- Advanced Planning for End-of-Life Care
- Independent Consumer Advocacy Network
- Long-Term Care Ombudsmen Program
- Medicare/Health Insurance Counseling
- Newsletter: Mature Messenger
- Volunteer Opportunities
Office for Aging (OFA)
Broome County Office Building, 4th Floor
60 Hawley St., Binghamton, NY 13902
The Office for Aging (OFA) is a local area agency on aging. OFA provides a variety of services and programs to assist seniors with living independently in the community.
- Adult Day Centers
- Caregiver Services
- Expanded In-Home Services (EISEP)
- Foster Grandparent Program
- Health, Wellness & Recreation Opportunities
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Information and Assistance
- Meals on Wheels
- Medicaid and SNAP application assistance
- Newsletters: Caregiver Corner & Senior News
- Nutrition Counseling
- NY Connects: For Long Term Services and Supports
- Senior Centers
- Senior Helpers Program
- Transportation Information