Independent Consumer Advocacy Network
We help people who are enrolled in New York State’s managed care plans and who receive long-term care services.
- Answer your questions about Medicare and Medicaid programs for people receiving long-term care (for example, home care or nursing home care)
- Give you advice about your managed care options
- Solve problems with your plan and providers (for example, doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies)
- Help you complain or appeal
More information about who we help:
- People enrolled in Managed Long-Term Care plans:
- Partially-capitated Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) plans, Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) plans, or Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- People enrolled in the new Fully Integrated Dual Advantage (FIDA) plans
- People receiving long-term care services in Mainstream Medicaid Managed Care (MMC) plans
- Anybody who needs or wants to enroll in one of these plans, but is not yet enrolled
- Friends, family, or representatives of any of the above
**Like AOP’s HIICAP (Medicare counseling program,) ICAN is not associated with any plan. We are an unbiased source of information and assistance.
Managed Long-Term Care (ICAN)
Are daily tasks such as bathing, toileting, food preparation and dressing getting difficult for you or a loved one? Are you eligible for Medicare and Medicaid? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, this presentation is an excellent source of information for you. Join AOP and receive information about Managed Long-Term Care Plans, the services they provide, how to enroll, and the eligibility criteria. We understand that these plans are new and confusing for many, so bring your questions or simply come to learn more.
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 10:00am
- Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 10:00am
- Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 10:00am