We help people who are enrolled in New York State’s managed care plans and who receive long-term care services.
- Answer your questions about Medicare and Medicaid programs for people receiving long-term care (for example, home care or nursing home care)
- Give you advice about your managed care options
- Solve problems with your plan and providers (for example, doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies)
- Help you complain or appeal
Who we help:
- People enrolled in Managed Long-Term Care plans:
- Partially-capitated Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) plans, Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) plans, or Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- People enrolled in the new Fully Integrated Dual Advantage (FIDA) plans
- People receiving long-term care services in Mainstream Medicaid Managed Care (MMC) plans
- Anybody who needs or wants to enroll in one of these plans, but is not yet enrolled
- Friends, family, or representatives of any of the above
**Like AOP’s HIICAP (Medicare counseling program,) ICAN is not associated with any plan. We are an unbiased source of information and assistance.