Program Specialist – Job Opportunity Announcement
Action for Older Persons, Inc. has an immediate opening for a part-time Program Specialist to work 28 hours per week (generally, Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am to 4 pm).
The Program Specialist supports programs under the Senior Health Insurance Counseling Program Umbrella. Responsibilities include:
- Information & Assistance: Providing assistance and referrals to AOP staff and other organizations over the phone and in-person, while scheduling appointments for AOP clients
- Data Entry: Tracking, entering, and maintaining all client data and information
- Health Insurance Counseling: Completion of pre-appointment data entry, intake generation, and health insurance plan research for some of AOP’s approximately 3000+ yearly clients
- Marketing & Event Organization: Organizing educational events for Senior Health Insurance Counseling Programs, including seminars, health fairs, volunteer recruitment and appreciation events, annual meeting, etc.
- Educational/Informational Material Development: Generating educational and information materials for the Senior Health Insurance Counseling Program and Advanced Planning for End of Life Programs, including brochures, power points, and training manuals
- Volunteer Management: Researches and develops educational materials to be distributed to program volunteers, maintains and updated volunteer schedule. Supports and works with volunteers to ensure quality programming.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in the field of human services. An associates degree in a health-related or human services field could be substituted for two years of general experience. Part time experience and volunteer experience could be accepted on a pro-rated basis.
- Shall not have an interest or relationship which may interfere with, limit, or appear to interfere with or limit in any way the ability of the Program Specialist to be objective, to fully inform clients of their health insurance options or to comply with the policies and procedures of the State HIICAP or ICAN programs.
Preferred Qualifications / Required Competencies:
- Computer literacy
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to represent the agency in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Applicants must submit a cover letter and current resume by email or mail. Electronic submissions in PDF are encouraged. No Phone Calls.
Apply by Email: chamilton@ActionforOlderPersons.org
Apply by Mail: Attn: Casondra Hamilton
Action for Older Persons, Inc.
200 Plaza Drive, Suite B
Vestal, NY 13850
Review of applications will continue until position is filled or cancelled.
Action for Older Persons (AOP) is an innovative and visionary organization that enhances the lives of adults living in Broome, Delaware, Chenango, Cortland, Otsego and Tioga counties. Through our classes, seminars, counseling sessions, and advocacy, AOP volunteers and staff impact the lives of thousands of people each year.
Action for Older Persons’ vision is to be the area’s leading resource for information to improve quality of life for older adults. Action for Older Persons provides advocacy, individualized counseling, and unbiased information to empower older adults and their families to make informed decisions. AOP is a private, non-profit, founded in 1967.
Action for Older Persons, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Agency’s policy to support the principles of equal employment opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, handicap or residence in compliance with local and federal laws.
If you are interested in internship opportunities, please contact Casondra at email@example.com.