Dear AOP Members, Clients, and Supporters,
We have chosen to move forward during these challenging times to kick off AOP’s Annual Membership Drive. We understand that the economic impact of the current pandemic has touched many lives. Unfortunately, this economic uncertainty has also impacted many small businesses and non-profits – like AOP.
Therefore, with much hesitation, we are kicking off AOP’s 2020 Annual Membership Drive by extending this invitation of membership to all of AOP’s friends who have benefited from – or have loved ones who have benefited from – our services, programs, and activities.
The financial support AOP receives during this Membership Drive will be used to fund tried-and-true initiatives that provide advocacy, individualized counseling, and unbiased information to empower older adults and their families to make informed decisions. In a community that is aging faster than state and national averages, we know our efforts are more vital than ever. We also know this – without your support, we cannot continue to help you meet tomorrow’s needs. As our community grows older, the demand for our services has never been greater.
Don’t hesitate. Become a 2020 AOP member today. We greatly appreciate your support!
In addition to supporting AOP’s programs and services, by becoming an individual ($25), family ($40) or supporting ($60) member you gain access to the following basic benefits:
- Members will have one week to schedule appointments for Medicare’s open enrollment period (Oct. 15 – Dec. 7) before this service is opened to others
- Members receive free assistance completing living wills and health care proxies, while others pay $10
- A subscription to AOP’s Mature Messenger – mailed quarterly
- A subscription to AOP’s Mini-Messenger – the monthly emailed newsletter that will focus on necessary alerts, such as scams targeting seniors and other important information
- Priority reservations for AOP seminars when seating is limited and priority consideration for obtaining AOP services when wait lists are necessary
- Free lamination of your NEW Medicare card – look for your new Medicare card to arrive beginning June 2018 for New York State residents
- Free shredding of private, confidential materials at AOP’s annual Shredding Day
- Access to technology tutoring for $10 per hour
By choosing to become a supporting member, you gain access to the following, additional benefits:
- Recognition in AOP’s Annual Campaign Contributors’ Listing in the Mature Messenger
- Access to technology tutoring including once a year, private, free half-hour computer, tablet, or cellphone tutoring sessions and a $5 hourly discount on any follow-up tutoring
- Access to select AOP-copyrighted materials
To become an AOP member today, click below to submit an online payment.