Join us and build a stronger community.
Action for Older Persons provides advocacy, individualized counseling, and unbiased information to empower older adults and their families to make informed decisions. But we can’t do it alone, we need your help.
In a community that is aging faster than state and national averages, we know our efforts are more vital than ever. We also know this – without your support, we cannot continue to help you meet tomorrow’s needs.
When you donate or become a member of Action for Older Persons, you’re helping to strengthen our organization and provide us the opportunity to deepen the impact and reach of our programs. We encourage you to consider joining us in our mission. Every dollar, and every membership, makes a difference. It is with great humility and sincere gratitude that we thank you for your support.
AOP Member Benefits
In addition to supporting AOP’s programs and services, by becoming an individual ($25), family ($40) or supporting ($60) member you gain access to the following basic benefits:
- Members will have one week to schedule appointments for Medicare’s open enrollment period (Oct. 15 – Dec. 7) before this service is opened to others
- Members receive free assistance completing living wills and health care proxies, while others pay $10
- A subscription to AOP’s Mature Messenger – a print newsletter, mailed quarterly
- A subscription to AOP’s Mini-Messenger – an emailed newsletter that will focus on agency updates and alerts
- Priority reservations for AOP seminars and priority consideration for obtaining AOP services when wait lists are necessary
- Free lamination of your NEW Medicare card
- Free shredding of private, confidential materials at AOP’s annual Shredding Day
- Access to technology tutoring for $10 per hour
By choosing to become a supporting member, you gain access to the following, additional benefits:
- Recognition in AOP’s Annual Campaign Contributors’ Listing in the Mature Messenger
- Access to technology tutoring including once a yearly, private, free half-hour computer, tablet, or cellphone tutoring sessions and a $5 hourly discount on any follow-up tutoring
- Access to select AOP-copyrighted materials