Action for Older Persons' Real Choices Program provides free, unbiased, and confidential help with navigating the long-term care system and connecting with services.
Community Education Series
Eight part program of presentations and educational booklets. Presentations are available at Action for Older Persons to community groups who request them. Booklets are now online, click the title below to view the booklet:
- Paying for Long-Term Care: Understanding Your Choices
- Facility and Community Options: Understanding Levels of Long-Term Care
- Help at Home: Choices in Home Care
- What You Should Know About Staying at Home: Safety, Security, Modifications & Repairs
- When You're the One Providing Care: Understanding Caregiver Support Services
- Advance Health Care Planning: Making Your Wishes Known
- Adults with Disabilities: Understanding Support Services
- Healthy Choices for Living Well
||To download and view the documents above
you will need to install the latest version of
Adobe Acrobat Reader which allows you to print Adobe Acrobat "PDF"
files, free for IBM and Mac computers from Adobe.
Consumer Perspectives on Home Care
This video was created to share some of the success stories that have been achieved with home care services in Broome County. From the perspectives of your neighbors, hear about the challenges that they faced and the services that helped them maintain their independence.
You will need the latest version of Windows Media Player to view the video, it can be downloaded HERE.
For more information on the Real Choices program or to arrange for a presentation, call AOP at 607-722-1251.
This webpage was developed under grant CFDA 93.779 format from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal government.